Translate

الثلاثاء، 5 أغسطس 2014

Del Piero: I am not retiring yet

Del Piero: I am not retiring yet

Former Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero has insisted that he is not planning to retire from professional football just yet.

The veteran attacker's most recent competitive game was his final appearance for Sydney against Melbourne Victory in April, but he is back in Australia to skipper the A-League All Stars against Juventus at ANZ Stadium.  

With little word on his playing future in the past few months it was thought the match against his former club could be the swansong to his career, but Del Piero has quashed talk of retirement and wants one more season.

"I don't think so," Del Piero told reporters when asked if this could be his last game.  

"It could be my last game in Australia, but my plan is to play on. Now I have to choose what is the best for me with the opportunities I have but I want to play on.

"There's nothing concrete, that's why I can't tell you no more at the moment

"I have been following my passion since I was 19-years-old and I always follow my passion. But I think I'm in good shape to play on again to play for one more year and this is my plan.  

"At the end of the day it's not an easy moment for me to understand what is best to do because I have more options coming for outside the pitch rather than on the pitch.  

"After this game I will sit with my family, my manger everyone and I will decide what is the best for me and I hope, play on."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/2014/08/04/5003196/del-piero-i-am-not-retiring-yet?ICID=SP_HN_1

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق