Translate

الأحد، 10 أغسطس 2014

Nasri brands Arsenal supporters 'stupid'

Nasri brands Arsenal supporters 'stupid'

The French midfielder, who spent three years at the Emirates Stadium, has hit back at fans who dubbed him a mercenary and says he joined Manchester City to win titles

BET

=NewcastleNEW£55DRAW£38Manchester City FCMNC£16.2
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri says the abuse he receives from Arsenal supporters is "stupid" as he prepares to take on the Gunners in Sunday's Community Shield showdown.

The French playmaker has been targeted by the north London club's supporters ever since his big-money switch to the Etihad in 2011 - with many believing the move was financially motivated.

But Nasri has hit back at the taunts ahead of Wembley's showpiece, claiming he was never in love with Arsenal and that he left the club to further his career.

"I just think the abuse I get is stupid. I'm not an Arsenal fan, I am not from London," the 27-year-old told reporters.

"To be honest, we are players and we are just looking at what are the best interests for us and our careers.

"When Manchester City came for me it was the best choice to come here. Since coming to City I have won trophies and I have a better life so I am really happy about everything.

"If the fans can't move on it's too bad. I am not trying to have a problem with that. They do what they have to do and they love their club.

"They see that as a treason or that I betrayed them but it's not that.

"I'm not like that. I just look what's best for me and that's what Bacary Sagna did, what Emmanuel Adebayor did and what Kolo Toure did.

"For the fans, the only reason has to be for the money. But it isn't just for the money.

"Of course, it's a factor and it's ­important. But if someone earns £200,000-a-week (€240,000), £150,000 (€190,000) or £100,000-a-week (€120,000), it's not that which is going to make a difference or an ­impact on your life, so that's not true."



http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/08/10/5023240/nasri-brands-arsenal-supporters-stupid?ICID=SP

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق